Okay, I was a little hasty pressing that final publishing button. [sigh] I knew it, of course, as I hadn’t finished proofing the final half. My reasoning was that if someone bothers reading that far, then they would forgive the odd typo. And, after all, I’d proofed the damned thing several times already.
KDP had it go live in less than 5 hours – before I could change my mind. I was asleep.
Continuing with the proofing, this morning, I noticed a whole scene repeating itself! It was only a small scene, but … oops! And, while I was checking the format of the ePub replacement, I noticed a word missing in one of the early scenes, so I adjusted that sentence, too. Every time I fiddle with things, I often make it worse.
And formatting [another sigh] I couldn’t get the first line in each scene to begin how a chapter should begin.
Oh gosh, I’m so over it. I’ll just fix the mistakes as they turn up. I have my author note at the end, urging people to tell me if they find errors. I know I should have asked for help before this stage, but, hey, that’s me. I look forward to a mythical day in the future when I can pay for editing.
This week. I’m preparing for the Instafreebie promotion. I continue with sharing the draft of Cladessa on Wattpad. When I’ve completed that, I’ll let it cool while I write a back-story novella. I’ll revise Cladessa and have it for sale by the end of 2018. That’s the plan.
The first of my quarterly newsletters is scheduled for this month, too.
Thanks for listening to me moan. I feel better now!